1. Motion: Launch of Tier T wave 5 capital funding
This week, we introduced the following spherical of capital funding for T Ranges and opened the appliance window for Wave 5 of the Constructing and Facility Enchancment Grant. This funding is for distributors delivering T-levels in September 2024.
Wave 5 will make not less than £150m of capital funding obtainable to Tier T suppliers and consists of two funding parts:
- Specialised Gear Allowance (SEA) – a one-time cost permitting suppliers to buy trade customary gear for every new Tier T route it gives. Suppliers don’t want to use for the ASE – they’ll mechanically obtain a stipend in the event that they full their T-level information assortment declaration.
- Constructing and Facility Enchancment Grant (BFIG), a bid-based grant for distributors to retrofit current amenities or create new area to assist T-level supply.
Please contemplate making use of for a constructing and facility enchancment grant. You’re eligible to use if:
- You’re registered to ship T Ranges within the 2024 to 2025 educational yr
- You haven’t but obtained capital for the route and Tier T website you’re making use of for.
The deadline for submitting functions is Friday, February 3 at midday. Recommendation to candidates together with data on tips on how to apply, might be discovered at GOV.UK. If in case you have any questions concerning the fund, you’ll be able to submit them by means of the appliance portal.
We’ll host a webinar on the fund, which you’ll Join.
2. Reminder: R04 return of knowledge from the learner’s particular person file (FIL)
The R04 ILR information declaration ends on Tuesday, December 6. It will be important that you simply submit correct and well timed information.
We use your R04 information declaration in a number of methods, together with:
- calculation of development from 16 to 19 for the funding yr 2022 to 2023 (topic to monetary capability)
- reconcile unbiased studying supplier ILR 16 to 19 recorded supply with funding allocations for the 2022 to 2023 funding yr
- calculation of 16 to 19 funding allocations for funding yr 2023 to 2024
- 16 to 19 2022 to 2023 Reconciliation of stage T
- calculate carry-forward prices for non-deducted apprenticeship contracts bought for fiscal yr 2023 to 2024
- assist the calculation of funding allocations for ages 19+ for the 2023 to 2024 funding yr
- measurement of the efficiency of your grownup coaching finances, supply of free stage 3 programs for employment, internship 16 to 18 years previous (for suppliers with out funding 16 to 19 years previous) and internship contract 19 to 24 values as outlined within the funding guidelines for the grownup training finances (AEB) 2022 to 2023.
For extra data on information submissions, please see our ESFA – On-line Documentation Website and in addition our funding ideas for younger individuals: ILR funding returns.
If in case you have any questions, please contact your Territorial Crew Chief or use the ESFA Assist Middle.
3. Reminder: Schooling Regulatory Company – Involved in turning into a instructor or lay panelist?
The Trainer Regulation, College Safety and Security Coverage crew throughout the DfE is at present recruiting lecturers and lay members to sit down as members of Skilled Conduct Committees. Panels are convened to listen to and contemplate allegations of significant instructor misconduct after which decide whether or not to make a instructor ban suggestion to the Secretary of State.
The position of a panelist helps defend college students, preserve public confidence within the educating career, and uphold applicable requirements of conduct referred to as the general public curiosity.
Extra details about the job supply and the appliance deadline might be discovered on GOV.UK.
4. Info: ESFA Monetary Well being Evaluation Information for Impartial Coaching Suppliers (ITPs)
We have now launched an replace ideas for assessing the monetary well being of unbiased coaching suppliers which particulars the strategy undertaken by ESFA.
It guides organizations by means of the evaluation course of, and we suggest that you simply evaluation it to familiarize your self with the requirement and the modifications.
These tips are efficient instantly and supersede earlier tips.
5. Info: R03 publication of knowledge within the dashboard of post-16 monitoring stories
We’ll publish the primary installment of FRM stories within the dashboard of post-16 monitoring stories November 24, 2022. That is sooner than earlier years, as we wish to assist suppliers establish all information requests early and in time to make the required modifications of their R04 ILR assertion.
We have now prioritized stories that result in funding recoveries and/or contain 16-19 learners (together with T-levels). The remaining stories might be printed after the declaration of the R04 information. This can embody superior learner mortgage and apprenticeship stories.
Full particulars of the stories we publish at R03 are on the ESFA on-line discussion board communities.
6. Your suggestions: have your say in wave 2 of the survey on the working lifetime of lecturers and leaders in January 2023
We’re launching the second wave of the survey on the working lifetime of lecturers and leaders from January 2022.
The survey is essential in serving to us perceive educating and management experiences and views and is a chance so that you can share your lived experiences of educating. The insights from this second wave of the examine permit for essential comparisons with the earlier wave to assist us perceive if there are significant modifications within the experiences of lecturers and leaders.
The analysis is being carried out by IFF Analysis and the Institute of Schooling (IoE), on behalf of the DfE. It goals to gather robust proof on the experiences of lecturers, center managers and senior managers in England. The questions cowl a variety of labor life subjects, from workload and well-being to profession ideas and future ambitions.
Please search for an invite for the brand new yr (invites might be obtained by letter, e mail or phone from IFF Analysis).
The survey will stay open till spring 2023. Participation is voluntary.
For extra details about the survey – together with participant anonymity, information linking, GDPR and different FAQs – please go to the survey web site or contact [email protected].
seven. Your Suggestions: 16 to 19 Scholarship Fund Survey
We’re asking the 16-19 suppliers who obtain an allocation of scholarship funds from the Division for Schooling to finish our first survey for five years, in order that we are able to see how the fund (£144m allotted over the course of the tutorial yr 2022 to 2023) is used.
You’ll be able to entry the survey right here.
The knowledge you present might be used for analysis functions solely. All of your solutions might be handled confidentially and we don’t acquire any private information.
We might be very grateful in the event you might reply the survey earlier than 10:00 a.m. on December 16, 2022.
Thanks for taking the time to assist us.